Take Surveys For Cash

Take Surveys For Cash

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

The Glory of Bhagavat Gita - Part II - Einstein and Gita By Santhanam Nagarajan

An interesting incident took place in 1948-49. A young researcher by name Dr B.M. Gupta met Dr Einstein, the accepted father of Modern science in Princeton Institute of Advanced Studies in the States. The German scientist hailed him in Sanskrit instead of English. The Indian scientist pleaded his inability to reply in Sanskrit. Dr Einstein was amazed at the poor response of the young Indian scientist and said, "You hail from India which is the original home of Hindu philosophy, yet you have not cared to learn that language. See my library which treasures classics from Sanskrit namely the Gita and other treatises on Hindu Philosophy. I have made the Gita as the main source of my inspiration and guidance for the purpose of scientific investigations and formulation of my theories."
Not only Einstein, but Thoreau the great thinker also derived his inspiration from the Gita and Upanishads. He himself categorically states thus: "In the morning I bathe my intellect in the stupendous and the cosmogonal philosophy of the Bhagavat Gita, since whose composition years of the gods have elapsed, and in comparison with which our modern world and its literature seem puny and trivial and I doubt if that philosophy is not to be referred to a previous state of existence, so remote is its sublimity from our conceptions."
Also while talking about the pyramids of Egypt Thoreau says, "How much more admirable the Bhagavat Gita than all the ruins of the East".
From time immemorial, the Gita injected enthusiasm to the humanity as a whole.
Mahatma Gandhi, Bala Gangadara Thilak, Maharishi Aurobindo, Mother of Aurobindo Ashram, the great poet Subramanya Bharathi of Tamilnadu, Bhankim Chandra Chatterji, the great poet Rabindranath Tagore were all derived their inspiration from Gita. These are only a few. Hundreds of thousands of persons worldwide get their answers from Gita for their day-to-day problems. We may quote Mahatama Gandhi as to how he got his comfort from the verses of Gita.
Mahatma Gandhi said: "When doubts haunt me, when disappointments starve me in the face, and I see not one ray of light on the horizon, I turn to Bhagavat Gita, and find a verse to comfort me; and I immediately begin to smile in the midst of overwhelming sorrow. My life has been full of external tragedies and if they have not left any visible or invisible effect on me, I owe it to the teaching of the Bhagavat Gita."
S. Nagarajan is a vehicle body engineer by profession. He has written more than 3000 articles in 18 magazines and published 52 books. He is revealing Eastern Secret Wisdom through T.V. Programmes, magazine articles, seminars, courses. He has written articles on Yoga, laughter, efficacy of mantras and sound, Hypnotism, Tele Kinesis, Power of Prayer, Vastu and Feng Shui, Auto suggestion, Success Formula, Out of Body Experience etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment